The Coroner’s Section of the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office enjoys a proven and highly successful Coroner Student Internship program. The program provides an outstanding opportunity for college students to gain practical, hands-on experience in the field of Death Investigations. The Yolo County Sheriff’s Office Coroner’s Student Intern program, which began in 1993, selects five interns each year from a wealth of applicants.
The following Policy and Procedure outlined for the Coroner Student Internship include Requirements, and Duties.
- One year commitment
- Active student at a local university or junior college
- Human Anatomy (may be concurrent). Human Physiology also desired
- Computer proficiency in word processing and data entry
- Superior communication skills (oral and written)
- Current California State Driver’s License
Coroner Student Intern Duties
- Assist Deputy Coroners with scene investigations
- Assist Deputy Coroners with morgue/lab processing
- Follow-up investigation
- Attend forensic autopsies/external examinations
If you are interested in becoming a Coroner Student Intern or have any further questions please email for more information.