Detention Visiting Hours
Detention Visiting Hours are specific to the Detention Centers. Please refer to the schedule below, which is subject to change without notice:
Attire for Visiting
Visitors shall be dressed appropriately when they visit. Attire which is similar in appearance to inmate attire or excessively revealing shall not be permitted. If there is a question on the appropriateness of clothing, the final determination shall be made by the Corrections Sergeant/OIC.
The following items are unacceptable for visiting:
- Tube tops, tank tops, sleeveless garments.
- Bike shorts (Spandex).
- Swim suits.
- Skimpy/short shorts and/or mini skirts.
- See through clothing that by the nature of the fabric is revealing beyond the point where a reasonable person may be offended.
- No hats, gloves, or scarves.
- No metal objects. You will be required to clear a metal detector. You will not be allowed to visit if you fail to clear the metal detector.
- Any clothing with obscene or offensive designs or writing shall not be allowed.
Shoes or sandals must be worn and must clear the metal detector.
If hospitalized, the inmate must obey the rules of the hospital and shall not receive visitors without the written approval of the Correctional Lieutenant. Visitors may receive written permission at the Monroe Center ONLY.
Inmate Property Pick-up Procedures
Inmate property pick up is by pre-scheduled appointment only. You must be 18yrs or older and provide a valid driver’s license or identification card. Please be advised that we keep property for state sentenced inmates for one week. Any property that is not claimed after one week will be disposed. To schedule an appointment to pick up inmate property, please call (530) 668-5245 and select options 1, 1, 2, 4, 1.
If you want to inquire about property that was taken as evidence or for safekeeping, please contact the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office Property and Evidence building at (530) 406-5155.