3rd Annual Yolo County Sheriff’s Office Citizens Academy
The 3rd Annual Yolo- DATES TBD, Stay Tuned!
The Yolo County Sheriff’s Citizens Academy is designed to give those with little to no law enforcement experience or exposure a chance to meet our employees and see what goes on “behind the scenes.” Academy members meet once a week for ten weeks, where they receive presentations, tours, and demonstrations.
The majority of the sessions will run 3 hours in length and occur on Tuesday evenings from 6:00-9:00 PM. Two of the sessions will be held on weekends from 9:00-2:00 PM. The Academy will be held at the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office, located at 140 Tony Diaz Drive in Woodland. The demonstration sessions will be held at pre-determined locations depending on the type of demonstrations.
- Increase communication and build a relationship of trust and understanding between the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office and the citizens of the community.
- Provide education and insight to citizens concerning the functions of the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office.
- Foster a pool of well-informed “graduates” who will share knowledge and insight with others.
- Build a pool of alumni graduates.
Although the program is offered at no cost, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Not have any prior felony or misdemeanor convictions that imply moral corruption.
- Live or work in Yolo County.
- Be willing to submit to a Live Scan.
- Be willing to commit to attending a ten-week program.
In order for selected participants to receive the best possible experience, class size will be strictly limited to 20 students. The Citizens Academy is not intended to prepare for a career in law enforcement and is designed to give those with little to no law enforcement exposure or experience a chance to see what goes on “behind the scenes” at the Sheriff’s Office.