The Public Administrator may handle the estates of those who die in Yolo County without next of kin in California, without a will, when the family is unable to act, or when ordered by the Court.
- Searching for the decedent’s family
- Protecting decedent’s property from waste, loss, or theft
- Making appropriate arrangements for burial
- Conducting investigations to discover all decedent estate assets
- Paying the decedent’s bills and taxes
- Locating persons entitled to inherit from the decedent estate and ensuring that these persons receive their inheritance
The Public Administrator also provides burial/cremation services for indigent decedents who are residents of Yolo County.
Indigent Referral Form (For hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, or community agencies.)
For information on how to obtain a death certificate please visit the Yolo County Clerk-Recorder website here: Yolo County Recorder